Augury raises $180 Million to become one of the first Industry 4.0 Unicorns. New strategic investors, commercial agreements and a valuation of over $1 billion confirm Machine Health as Industry 4.0’s killer app. The new funding will enable us to expand globally, create offerings for new industries such as energy, and continue to innovate in our core manufacturing market to help customers improve the reliability, resiliency and efficiency of their machines and operations.
We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. Industrial machines power our world. They generate energy, deliver water and make the essential products we use every day from pet food to vaccines.
Augury is a pioneer in Machine Health solutions for manufacturing and other industrial sectors. Machine Health uses the Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to predict and prevent industrial machine failures, and improve machine performance, so manufacturers can keep the shelves stocked in your local supermarket.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working as a part of an autonomous, multidisciplinary squad, that tackles challenges in a particular domain of our Machine Health platform. You will be the focal point of backend related challenges: design, implementation, and production monitoring. As part of your day to day work, you will collaborate with other backend discipline members across the company to drive our practices and architecture forward.
A Day In Your Life
- All around ownership on design, implementation and production monitoring of product features while collaborating with different disciplines (web/mobile developers, data engineers, designers, product managers and more) as part of the squad’s lifecycle
- Drive for iterative improvements in our distributed backend architecture as part of the backend discipline team - push for best practices and innovation
- You’ll take an active part in reviewing fellow backend developers' code, and backend related design reviews
What You Bring
- Code is your comfort zone. You are a strong backend developer that is passionate about planning, designing, and implementing solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Your stack - You love exploring and being an early adopter of cutting edge technologies. Experienced with at least one of the following: Go, Python, Nodejs, Java, or similar (Go as an advantage). You have experience working with Databases (NoSQL as an advantage).
- Your playground - You design and develop services as part of a microservices architecture, deploying to a major cloud provider (Google, AWS, etc.) using CI/CD workflows. You are familiar with best practices of Sync\Async communications flows (RESTful APIs, Message Queues).
- Own it - You own your deliverables, end to end: design, testing & implementation, production.
- Team player - You love working with people. You want to be a part of a team that enjoys sharing different technological approaches and have the opportunity to coach and share your learnings from past experience.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Meet Augury's R&D Team:
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.