Machines Talk, We Listen. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. We are on a mission to make machines more reliable and reduce their impact on the environment. Our Machine Health platform combines Artificial Intelligence and IoT, to generate insights that help customers lower costs, reduce downtime, and increase supply chain resilience.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working as a part of an autonomous, multidisciplinary squad, that tackles challenges in a particular domain of our Machine Health platform. You will be the focal point of backend related challenges: design, implementation, and production monitoring. As part of your day to day work, you will collaborate with other backend discipline members across the company to drive our practices and architecture forward.
A Day In Your Life
- All around ownership on design, implementation and production monitoring of product features while collaborating with different disciplines (web/mobile developers, data engineers, designers, product managers and more) as part of the squad’s lifecycle
- Drive for iterative improvements in our distributed backend architecture as part of the backend discipline team - push for best practices and innovation
- You’ll take an active part in reviewing fellow backend developers' code, and backend related design reviews
What You Bring
- Code is your comfort zone. You are a strong backend developer that is passionate about planning, designing, and implementing solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Your stack - You love exploring and being an early adopter of cutting edge technologies. Experienced with at least one of the following: Go, Python, Nodejs, Java, or similar (Go as an advantage). You have experience working with Databases (NoSQL as an advantage).
- Your playground - You design and develop services as part of a microservices architecture, deploying to a major cloud provider (Google, AWS, etc.) using CI/CD workflows. You are familiar with best practices of Sync\Async communications flows (RESTful APIs, Message Queues).
- Own it - You own your deliverables, end to end: design, testing & implementation, production.
- Team player - You love working with people. You want to be a part of a team that enjoys sharing different technological approaches and have the opportunity to coach and share your learnings from past experience.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility - we are only as good as the relationships we build. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO