Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working as a part of an autonomous, multidisciplinary squad, that tackles challenges in a particular domain of our Machine Health platform. You will be the focal point of backend related challenges: design, implementation, and production monitoring. As part of your day to day work, you will collaborate with other backend discipline members across the company to drive our practices and architecture forward.
A Day In Your Life
- All around ownership on design, implementation and production monitoring of product features while collaborating with different disciplines (web/mobile developers, data engineers, designers, product managers and more) as part of the squad’s lifecycle
- Drive for iterative improvements in our distributed backend architecture as part of the backend discipline team - push for best practices and innovation
- You’ll take an active part in reviewing fellow backend developers' code, and backend related design reviews
What You Bring
- Code is your comfort zone. You are a strong backend developer that is passionate about planning, designing, and implementing solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Your stack - You love exploring and being an early adopter of cutting edge technologies. Experienced with at least one of the following: Go, Python, Nodejs, Java, or similar (Go as an advantage). You have experience working with Databases (NoSQL as an advantage).
- Your playground - You design and develop services as part of a microservices architecture, deploying to a major cloud provider (Google, AWS, etc.) using CI/CD workflows. You are familiar with best practices of Sync\Async communications flows (RESTful APIs, Message Queues).
- Own it - You own your deliverables, end to end: design, testing & implementation, production.
- Team player - You love working with people. You want to be a part of a team that enjoys sharing different technological approaches and have the opportunity to coach and share your learnings from past experience.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.