Backend Guild Manager
Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As a Backend Guild Manger you will be responsible for drafting the vision of our backend standards and best practices. You’ll be working closely with engineers, managers and architects to make it a reality. This will allow you to take part in building our Guilds operating system, work in modern and state of the art technologies, mindset, processes and structure, and solve complex problems of scale.
As a Backend Guild manager, you will be faced with complex challenges.
- Manage backend engineers Guild time, define initiatives, metrics, planning and execution cadences.
- Work closely with Backend engineers, managers and architects to define and build our next-gen backend infrastructures and technologies which will support our scale.
- Mentor backend engineers and support their managers, help them increase their craftsmanship skills and grow into their career paths.
- Be the agent of change to foster backend best practices from the Guild to the day-to-day squads
- Lead the technical assessment part in the backend engineers recruiting process
- Hands-on work on complex backend infrastructures and technologies.
- Direct management and recruiting of Guild core backend engineers
What You Bring
- At least 5 years in backend development in distributed and asynchronous systems environment (microservices)
- Hands-on experience with large scale production systems in one of the following technologies Golang, Python, Java etc
- Hands-on experience in building development infrastructures and frameworks
- Strong understanding in CI/CD pipelines and best practices e.g. testing layers, monitoring etc
- Proven experience in leading big initiatives / projects with MVP & Agile Mindset
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.