Head of IoT
Machines Talk, We Listen. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives. We are on a mission to make machines more reliable and reduce their impact on the environment.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As the Head of Embedded Systems (IoT), you will lead the development of Augury’s current and next generation IoT Embedded products to face the challenges of scale and to better diagnostics. You will bring impact by unlocking value to existing and new markets and defining the product and technological aspects of Augury’s IoT solutions.
A Day In Your Life
You will work closely with R&D and Product leadership, cross department with Services and Operations teams, the Co-Founders and many others to lead our Embedded Systems (IoT) vision & strategy based on our business requirements and scale challenges. You will own the following activities:
- People Management: Build and shape the team of Embedded Software (Firmware, Embedded Linux, Connectivity), HW System, and Mechanical design activities, enabling each team member’s growth.
- R&D Management: Define Technological strategy for Augury’s IoT solution. Lead the IoT architecture for functionality, scalability, reliability, and connectivity. Lead and Promote the data-driven development life cycle and implement Agile and MVP mindset (DITC, Regression, and Testing). Lead conversations with OEM for future development partnerships.
- Engineering: Oversee the engineering activities of Augury IoT devices, new product introduction handoff and partnering with Operations team for product transfer from design to production. Be the glue binding R&D HW / Embedded Systems to the organization’s manufacturing, serviceability, support, and installation teams.
What You Bring
- This is your playground: You are passionate about IoT or system challenges. You are eager to drive impact by unlocking value to existing and new markets by defining the product and technological aspects.
- Experience: Experience working on Embedded systems in multidisciplinary products, with emphasis on at least one of the following fields: Firmware, Embedded Linux, connectivity, HW and IoT technology. You know how to scale development to lead to rapid product innovation. Familiarity with the New Product Introduction (NPI) Process is a huge advantage. You have the ability to perform discovery with customers, partners in different ecosystems, globally. Product Management experience is an advantage.
- People first: You have passion for building a strong team which has a meaningful impact on the company. You coached team members on personal and professional growth both as a group and as individuals.
- Leadership: You have led multidisciplinary teams that balance a long term vision with the day-to-day challenges. You are driven by agile thinking and get the minimum viable product delivery. You act with a keen sense of urgency, prioritizing problems and resolving issues. You always consider the big picture and pay attention to the details.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility- we are only as good as the relationships we build. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO