IT Help Desk Specialist
Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As an IT Help Desk Specialist, you will serve as the focal point for a variety of IT related processes and needs. You will be the IT lead for the US and in the NYC office, and will help to map the needs to establish an IT work structure. You will have a direct impact on the efficiency of IT related systems by making sure the day to day activities are running smoothly, in a remote workplace setup. You will be required to work in the NYC office 3-4 days per week.
A Day In Your Life
You will manage the day-to-day work in our NYC office and help create guidelines in the following areas:
- End User Computing (EUC)- End to end responsibility for deployment, devices security, applications, etc., to make sure employees have what they require to perform their jobs (Laptops/ SW tech support + repairs, OS install and support, Laptops accompanying equipment, Laptops end of life process, etc.).
- Asset Management- Manage inventory and backups, be part of the renewals/new hires/terminations processes as it pertains to IT. You will lead US IT purchasing and assets management activities (including SC management of the external services).
- Office / Physical Spaces- Own all IT related “on site” needs (Network / VPN / WiFi management & maintenance, audio / video / meeting HW maintenance, printers and telephones/ fax maintenance, etc.).
- Onboarding and Offboarding- Support employee life cycle processes (open/ close accounts, computer security settings, office VPN access, software license management and renewals, etc.).
- CISO- Implement security and privacy procedures according to the CISO guidelines (on Augury assets).
What You Bring
- Your Experience: You are an experienced IT Help Desk Specialist (3+ years), well-versed in the best practices and standards of work in this field. You have hands-on experience with computer hardware, networking, installation, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows Linux and MAC OS. You have an understanding of network protocols, DNS, DHCP, DHCP, proxy and can deal with high level troubleshooting. You have experience managing SaaS systems from the IT perspective, and you are familiar with SaaS and cloud systems.
- Own it: You bring a strong sense of ownership. You truly believe that there are no task too small and you are determined to cover processes from end to end. You are independent and love being a one man/woman show.
- People first: You love to collaborate with people. You believe that great communication and building relationships is the way to live and work. You see every employee as your customer and have empathy for their pain points. You have experience in managing 3rd party service providers and working closely with different types of stakeholders (Finance, POPS, GTM, etc.,) and with different managerial levels.
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- 401K plan with matching
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.