Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
Augury is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join its awesome accounting team! You will support our accounting close cycle for revenue recognition, which includes reviewing contracts, making sure they are reflected correctly in the CRM and ERP systems, ownership over revenue recognition (ASC 606) and deferred direct costs (ASC 340), and preparing internal reporting for the FP&A and GL Accounting teams.
A Day In Your Life:
- Responsible for applying, enforcing and executing the Company's revenue recognition policy as it relates to the performance of revenue accounting.
- Support the Company’s billing and revenue processes by maintaining and updating revenue and billing schedules in accordance with ASC 606.
- Timely and accurate preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations, ensuring our revenue and deferred revenue are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Calculate deferred costs associated with the fulfillment of contracts with customers
- Compare data entered in SalesForce against GL data for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with cross-functional organizations to streamline the order-to-cash processes and workflows to improve efficiency and reduce manual work.
- Communication of internal billing processes to sales and success teams.
- Comfortable working with cross functional team in order to understand company offerings and implement accounting models that properly recognize revenue according to accounting principles and company policy.
- Assist with our annual financial statement audit by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations and other analyses as needed.
- Support Finance team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
What You Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 2+ years of relevant experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) or software companies
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- Must have good knowledge of US GAAP with ability to recognize and accurately record revenue in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- 401k plan with matching
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.