Backend Squad Manager
Augury raises $180 Million to become one of the first Industry 4.0 Unicorns. New strategic investors, commercial agreements and a valuation of over $1 billion confirm Machine Health as Industry 4.0’s killer app. The new funding enables us to expand globally, create offerings for new industries such as energy, and continue to innovate in our core manufacturing market to help customers improve the reliability, resiliency and efficiency of their machines and operations.
We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. Using the Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, we predict and prevent industrial machine failures, and improve machine performance, so manufacturers can keep the shelves stocked with the essential products we need and use every day.
As a Backend Squad Manager, you will be managing a squad of 3-5 Developers, be in charge of the squad's execution velocity and quality, manage the squad multidisciplinary Engineering team, work with each individual's strengths and motivations, build their growth path, and help set them on a path to success. You’ll be working closely with the squad PM and Designer to help bring initiatives from discovery to execution and act as the bridge connecting them to the Engineering team. You’ll also be an essential part of the hiring process and take ownership on onboarding new team members of your squad.
A Day In Your Life
- Manage 3-5 developers: take care of their day to day needs, build personal development plans and make sure they are set for success
- Take ownership of the execution process of the squad, optimizing and customizing it to the squad needs. Help unblock challenges for squad members, making sure deadlines are met, and know when to raise flags when needed
- Work closely with the PM and Designer to get the needed product context and be able to share it with the team and help bring initiatives from discovery to execution
- Be involved in the hiring and onboarding process of team members
What You Bring
- At least 5 years in Backend Development in distributed and asynchronous systems environment (microservices)
- Hands-on experience with large scale production systems in one of the following technologies: Golang, Python, Java, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a team of 2-5 people
- Proven experience in leading big initiatives / projects with MVP & Agile Mindset
- Experience in a modern execution process, working in short sprints, CI/CD, testing automation and quality
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
- WFH Stipend
Meet Augury's R&D Team:
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.