Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
Augury is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team and help support our global expansion. You will assist the Corporate Controller to develop and implement controls, processes, and tools, ensure the accurate and timely closing of the monthly books, assist with the annual audit and tax filings. You will report directly to the Global Corporate Controller, with high levels of executive visibility working directly with C-Suite on various initiatives.
A Day In Your Life
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations, working closely with other members of the Finance team cross-functionally to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Perform monthly analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Own accounts payable process, including uploading and coding vendor invoices to the general ledger, maintaining vendor account information, and responding to vendor-related inquiries
- Work with the FP&A, Accounts Payable, and Procurement to ensure accurate coding of expenses and proper recording of invoice and purchase order accruals and other AP-related accounts
- Manage the monthly bank reconciliation process
- Maintain compliance with tax authorities and regulators
- Collaborate with the Finance and Ops teams in enhancing and implementing systems and processes and writing accounting policies and procedure
- Undertake other ad hoc analysis and special projects as required
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a start-up environment
- NetSuite experience a huge plus
- Working knowledge of preparation of financial statements - balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements under US GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility- we are only as good as the relationships we build. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- 401k plan with matching
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.