SW Hands-On Architect
Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As a SW Hands-On Architect, you’ll be responsible for multi-disciplinary architectural vision and strategy of a Fleet (Group) domain, empowering and mentoring engineers to make this vision reality.
As a SW Hands-On Architect , you will be faced with complex challenges.
- Work closely with Product, Guild and R&D managers to understand and impact the product strategy which will be encapsulated into architectural guidelines and roadmap.
- Mentor and guide SW engineers, help them increase their craftsmanship skills, provide constant and constructive feedback in design / code reviews etc to enable the right architectural and design decisions.
- Continuously strive for alignment between team structure and architectural components, generate clear interfaces, boundaries and terminology to enable autonomy and continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for PoCing new technologies and frameworks to support product different offerings and features in the context of your group.
- Continuously improve our design and delivery processes to face current/future challenges as our R&D scale.
- Identify and resolve major blocking architectural technical debts, set an example, work together (hands-on) with engineers to mitigate and resolve.
What You Bring
- At least 5-7 years as software developer (multidisciplinary with backend orientation) in cloud based distributed and asynchronous systems environment (microservices)
- Hands-on experience with large scale production systems in one of the following technologies Golang, Python, Java etc
- Proven experience in mentoring and lead without authority in large development scale environment
- Understanding in CI/CD pipelines and best practices e.g. testing layers, monitoring etc
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.