Data Science Manager
Augury raises $180 Million to become one of the first Industry 4.0 Unicorns. New strategic investors, commercial agreements and a valuation of over $1 billion confirm Machine Health as Industry 4.0’s killer app. The new funding enables us to expand globally, create offerings for new industries such as energy, and continue to innovate in our core manufacturing market to help customers improve the reliability, resiliency and efficiency of their machines and operations.
We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. Using the Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, we predict and prevent industrial machine failures, and improve machine performance, so manufacturers can keep the shelves stocked with the essential products we need and use every day.
As a Data Science Manager at Augury, you will build and lead a DS team focused on developing ML models for machine health insights. Be part of Augury’s AI leadership and work with talented DS, DSP, and physics developers/researchers.
A Day In Your Life
- DS Insights Manager
- Build the Insights team strategy.
- Lead the team to meet its planning and deliverables.
- Build working processes to improve quality and cadence.
- Manage advanced algo projects under the team responsibilities.
- Bring new algo innovations into our AI product and IP portfolio.
- People Manager
- Build the team as you add new members.
- Build team culture and working relationships.
- Outline growth paths for the team members, according to their motivations, and help them go down these paths.
- You will build trust within your team and be the go-to person for both work and personal issues.
- Hands on
- Be able to lead on DS tasks such as confidence calibrations, detector retraining, etc.
What You Bring
- Scientific degree in EE, CS, or Physics.
- At least 2 years pf experience as a manager of algo developers.
- At least 3 years of ML/DS hands on experience.
- Proven record in building AI teams.
- Experience as a manager in startups.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We are only as good as the relationships we build - we treat each other with respect, dignity and humility. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
- WFH Stipend
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.