Product Operations Director
Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
In this role you will be crucial to streamlining and improving the product team’s work and driving high quality and timely decisions based on data and insights, resulting in improved collaboration, better cross-functional alignment and increased business impact. This will enable the Product team to scale our existing product in existing markets as well as build new products and expand to new markets.
A Day in Your Life
People & Communication
Build relationships with team internal and external stakeholders and enable consistent communication between product and other teams to:
- Help identify areas for improvements and any gaps and overlaps.
- Serve as the Chief of Staff to the Chief Product Officer: Be a trusted advisor, provide context and insights into the day to day of the teams and assist in prioritization of attention.
Tools & Processes
Design, implement and drive adoption of processes and tools aimed to handle:
- Feature, enhancement requests and generic user feedback
- Bug handling
- Product experimentation, releases and launches.
- Roadmap visualization
Data & Reporting
Collaborate with other operational teams in the company to build and maintain dashboard and reports including data from:
- Product usage and experiments
- Customer feedback and satisfaction
- Product quality: Support tickets, IoT monitoring
Build, maintain and improve generic product team resources, including:
- Product and Design guild work orchestration
- G.R.O.W plans for PMs -
- training materials
- Development plans
- Mobility plans
- Templates, guidelines, how-to references, and resources so the product team can operate efficiently.
What You Bring
- Understanding and expertise in agile practices, working with pms, designers and engineers in an effort to facilitate and optimize how prod/eng work together more efficiently
- 5 years of product operations experience required
- Experience with collaboration/work management tools i.e. Jira, Confluence, SQL
- Strong oral and written communication that aligns teams on clear actions that result in business outcome
- Proven track record working on complex cross functional initiatives with a bias towards action focused on outcomes; experience navigating multiple stakeholders and points of view and driving action
- Strong analytical thinking to the team, establishing and evangelizing frameworks for the team based on experience. Ability to dive into analysis themselves and provide tangible and actionable recommendations.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not ashamed of having fun. We are only as good as the relationships we build - we treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.