Machines Talk, We Listen. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. We are on a mission to make machines more reliable and reduce their impact on the environment. Our Machine Health platform combines Artificial Intelligence and IoT, to generate insights that help customers lower costs, reduce downtime, and increase supply chain resilience.
As a Data Engineer at Augury, you will apply your skills at the forefront of Big Data using cutting edge data processing tools and technologies to drive Augury’s AI & BI core. You will deal with over one million recordings a day, totaling up to 0.5TB ingested daily and growing. Data is essential in keeping Augury’s ML models at the top of their game!As part of the Data Engineering Team, you will build scalable and robust big-data infrastructure, pipelines and help shape our data lake. You will work closely with Data Science & Analytics teams to provide fast and accurate business insights.
A Day In Your Life
- Work closely with the Data Science and Analyst teams to build the best infrastructure for their needs.
- Build core infrastructure to support running Machine Learning models that do near real-time prediction.
- Build CI/CD infrastructure for our big data architecture components that includes code linting, tests, monitoring and deployment.
- Debug core performance problems around big DB query, data pipelines efficiency and code complexity in both production & research environment.
- Research, share & embed technical best practices and conventions to enable data democratization, accessibility and integrity across the organization.
- Be a GO-TO Person inside/outside the data engineering team for software architecture / design related topics.
What You Bring
- Your playground - You’re a Data Engineer with at least 3 years of experience working on large scale data infrastructure. You enjoy working with data processing frameworks such as Beam, Spark, Storm and with streaming systems on a large scale such as Kafka etc. You are well acquainted with distributed (micro) services architecture. You are a proficient & versatile developer (preferably in Python). Experience in creating end-to-end MLOps flows and working in multiple clouds vendors (Azure, AWS, GCP) is nice to have. You contribute to open-source from time to time and see it as a hobby.
- Own it - You are eager to drive meaningful changes by leading initiatives and projects. You’re a restless problem solver and have a good understanding of our system.
- Team player- You love working with people. You have an open mind and are an active listener.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility - we are only as good as the relationships we build. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
Paid parental leave