Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
Augury is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Advanced Algorithm team. You will solve real-world problems and have a direct impact on innovating Augury’s core technology. You will be at the forefront of technology for diagnostics of electro-mechanical equipment, using advanced machine learning approaches and the latest big-data technologies with a unique data set.
A Day In Your Life
You will research, develop, and deploy solutions for the multifaceted automatic machine health diagnostics problem.
- Completely own the entire algorithmic life-cycle including problem learning, discovery, data analytics, prototyping of new ideas, and implementing algorithms in a production environment.
- You will be a technology point of contact for Machine Learning Algorithm in the group and the company.
- You will apply your scientific knowledge and creativity to solve complex problems. You will use industry-leading cloud technologies in big data storage, distributed processing, stream processing, and time series analysis (such as Apache Spark, Cassandra, Apache Beam).
- You will improve Augury’s capabilities in detecting and classifying changes to machine health by applying your knowledge in data analysis, signal processing, supervised and unsupervised machine learning and deep learning methods, and time-series anomaly detection.
- You will work with unique big data. You will apply research to achieve impact - improvements to machine health, industrial process performance, customer insights, and efficiency improvement suggestions.
- You will work on patented state-of-the-art technology, while contributing to new and ongoing patent applications.
What You Bring
- Education: M.Sc./Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant engineering discipline.
- Your playground: You design algorithms, train predictive models, deploy them (Python is preferred), and track their performance. You research and implement machine learning methods - clustering, dimensionality reduction, classification, anomaly detection. You are familiar with signal processing methods and challenges. You understand the impact that software plays in the world of data science. You are familiar with Agile, constantly seeking challenges while enjoying the fast feedback loop.
- Own it: You are passionate about creating an impactful and innovative environment. You like to share your experience and coach other team members to have a direct impact on the team and the core technology of the product.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.